With so many categories it took some thought but I'm excited to vote all fantastic females this year. If you don't know these incredible and talented women, I hope you'll check them out, support them and vote for them! Today is the last day for voting! Check out our list and click on the photo below to vote!
Shopping & Services:
- We're really proud of what we've built here at La Garza but we're also in love with 1609's style, delicate jewelry, cute boutique, dreamy visual art, and chill bonfire beach parties. Love to see creativity across so many platforms.
@rebeccalittlejewellery - best jewelry designer
- Rebecca's eye for abstracting geometry from Bermuda's rich visual culture is one of a kind. Special Mentions @1609designbermuda
- Delicate island cut outs and sparkly raw gemstones make for an original combination in Bermudian jewelry.
- Alexandra Mosher has beautifully crafted pieces that have a sculptural quality you can only find in her wax casting jewelry process. A female owned and operated business, this is one of Bermuda's shopping highlights.
@thenabapp - best social media / fashion blog presence
- Danielle came out with a bang this year promoting other brands and giving us the told we need to shop local. Special mentions: @rachelsawden - Rachel is one of our most known personalities and travel fashionistas, taking us on her worldwide wander lusting.
- Koji is killing it with her awesomely unusual styling.
@nativebychanningelizabeth - best local clothing designer
- A woman after my own heart, Channing is using Bermuda's rich natural world as prints in her island inspired collection.
@daughtersofsummer - best swimwear
- Daughters of Summer are a truly eco brand, from process to packaging. Launched in 2018, they're only just getting started but they're already making a splash.
@longstoryshort.life - best bookstore
- Having just moved into a new space, shared with Salt Spray Soap Factory, this is a not to be missed stop in St. George. Carrying inspired books, jewelry and gifts from women of color all around the world, shop owner Kristin, is one of Bermuda's famous personalities and tour guides.
@1609designbermuda - best gifts
- I said it before and I'll say it again.
@ashlyyoga_nature - best yoga
- Loving her style of movement and that she's incorporating live music.
@oceanrockwellness - best holistic healthcare
- I can't sing praises for Ocean Rock Wellness enough. Beth has completely altered how I understand my body in my physiotherapy with her. Ocean Rock provides integrated modern health care and knowledge to enhance your life and protect your children's.
@desfete - best event planner
- Creating beautifully curated immersive experiences, Das Fete has international acclaim for their bespoke events.
Food, Drink & Entertainment:
@brumaecaffe - best cup of java/ salad/ sandwich
- Ashley and her husband opened this St. George Café last year and have been steady since addicts, like myself, are needing a fix daily.... Sometimes twice. Whether it's the coffee, the sandwiches, the salads, the pastries, or the soups, everything is fresh and fantastic. Remember them for your next catering event or shop quality Italian goods.
@bdawildherbs - best Bermuda made food
- This is a necessary experience for every visitor and local. Teaching you about our local flora and fashioning fantastic culinary delights, this experience combines a tour, a teaching and a taste.
- One of the most beautiful food feeds in Bermuda, with a sister company in California, her unique flavor palette may only be available through catering with the café having closed early this year. Still a fantastic fee to follow.
@kaelynkastle - best musician
- She's all the rage right now. Watch just a few videos and you'll see why she's become a viral super star. Special Mentions
@purpleferdinand - Not Bermudian but new to the island, she released an album last year. Love her ukulele vibes and entrancing voice.
People & Places:
@jordanclairerobbins - best thespian
She was just fantastic in the Umbrella Academy, love watching this Bermudian's career starting to soar! Special mentions: @juliafrith
- My mermaid sister is on tour through England with a traveling play, and always up to something exciting. An aerialist, fire spinner, model, free diver and more, she is one to watch and only just getting started.
@keepbermudabeautiful - Anne Hyde - best community activist - Anne head up Keep Bermuda Beautiful, regularly organizing clean ups and assisting with research about the waste washing up on our shores. I just love her spirit and hope I get to work with her more.
Special Mentions: Hannah Collins @rennah7
- She's bright, bubbly and involved. As long as I have known her she is always up to something with some socially, or environmentally aware group. I admire her tenacity and outlook always.
@olives_89 - best photographer
A truly unique eye, her photos and journey captivate me. From sunshine to struggles, her work features geometric abstractions from Bermudian architecture, landscapes, flora and fauna. Special mentions: @meredithphoto - One of Bermuda's most famous photographers and avid ocean waste activists, her colorful co-ordination of found objects is visually striking.
@queendomheights - Her work is a window into the Bermudian experience, preserving culture, highlighting our rich diversity and capturing moments that matter.
@dancris - Club / party dj
- She makes the list again! Danielle is a DJ, entrepreneur and mother who supports local businesses and other female entrepreneurs with her endeavors.
@1609designbermuda - best visual artist
- Yes, again. I love her murals, her illustrations and her Charman prixe entry was possibly one of my favorite visual works of art ever.
Best Poet - Yesha Townsend @ameliapureheart_
- She has a way with words that leaves vivid imagery in your mind's eye. Having just finished her Masters, we know there's so much more amazing to come from this passionate poet.
Best Cafe - @Brumaecaffe
- They're simply the best.
Best Entrepreneur - @gaynete
- Helping female entrepreneurs pursue their passions.
Best Model - @amaya_vegas
A young one to watch. This girl is beyond beautiful, with a voice better than Billie Eilish.
A edgy beauty with fierce style, Janice Reneé is a storm on camera and on the catwalk.